Tesla detected, but incorrect power

Thanks for the screenshots and answers. Responding:

• My answer (no assumption) is not official. It’s an inference based on how I know Sense to operate, using on/off transitions rather than levels to determine power usage of detected devices, plus knowing that neither of my Tesla’s show a 40A assumption (Sense gets both usages values about right when it detects - 48A and 80A)
  • I’m in the same situation as you - Sense with solar and NEMS2 TOU EV2A electricity rate, so there is no benefit to to charging based on solar output.
  • I do use a second Sense so that I can watch the usage of one of the HPWCs in my garage (I have 2) as well as watching all my electric heating. I only use that second Sense account in conjunction with Home Assistant to integrate additional data.
  • Since you are using Home Assistant, you could track Sense vs. Tesla Charger with a few minor adjustments to a YAML file. I’m seeing a better match between Sense usage and Tesla usage, when Sense doesn’t miss a detection. Here’s how to overlay both Tesla and Sense power usage info.