Time of use pricing

While I’m not experiencing any where near the TOD Rates that @craft211 has, my utility, Excel, is threatening to implement TOD rate as follows:
• On-Peak = $0.18 per kWh 2pm - 6pm
• Shoulder = $0.13 per kWh 9am - 2pm & 6pm - 9pm
• Off-Peak = $0.08 per kWh 9pm - 9am

I installed the Sense monitor to let me know what to expect my new billing will be and the cost of moving my big users to off-peak. My EV is my biggest user. Looking forward to tagging it’s load.

Mine changes depending on the season. It will also be preferred if the rate we input into the app does not affect costs calculated for previous months(historical data). My utility has rate increases and decreases year over year. They cut the rate 30% last year and its the lowest its been in 5yrs so it is bound to go up again

Dutifully piling on to this request. I’m with PG&E E-6 “time of use” rate plan. Here’s a link to the tariff schedule:
https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/rate-plans/how-rates-work/rate-changes/e6/time-of-use-plan-e6.page

Add me too… just moved to XCEL Peak Demand pricing last year. Its saving me $20-40 per month and I didnt change my usage pattern.

https://www.xcelenergy.com/billing_and_payment/understanding_your_bill/residential_rate_plans/peak_demand_pricing/peak_demand_pricing_how_it_works

We don’t yet have time based rates in our area, but we do get a slight discount on the first 500 kWh. We also have a 15% discount on distribution charges and a conservation charge for prompt payment. It has to be nearly impossible to make the app customizable enough to fit all scenarios.

With PG&E in northern California it would be very nice to have power usage summarized by the time of use rates. I don’t care about an accurate $ cost estimate but knowing the power usage by peak rate, part peak, and off peak time periods would be very helpful. It will help in evaluating the effectiveness of a home battery to time shift solar energy production. Thanks.

I’m hoping for native PG&E TOU tagging and utilization summaries as well. But in the meantime, I have developed some R code that will do the analysis of Sense exported data. Tested it against my PG&E bills. Also hoped that the code would make it easier for Sense to think about how to approach. Here’s the thread.

sure would like to see some kind of TOU price feature soon. Can’t Sense people add a simple 24/7 grid now and let us enter our calculated amounts?? Sense people can just continue developing a more refined price usage feature but for right now make this simple 24/7 grid so we can get some kind of price per Kw averaging ?? None of the trends goals in the app are of any use now. Sure hope a simple price per Kw 24/7 grid is made soon.

Here in California where I live they are starting this up this year so I need it as well for accurate cost. Thanks.