Want to understand the Sense Usage Display, question 1

Hi all. My setup: I recently got a solar system (16KW nominal) for my home and got the Sense with Solar setup as part of the installation. The inverters are at the array, and 240v comes back to the house and is connected to the utility incoming 240v service – they called it grid-intertie. The inverters sync with the utility grid, so I can’t run on just solar with the grid being present (no batteries or other power conversion boxes). Sensors are on the incoming solar lines and the incoming utility lines and the Sense box is powered by one of the 240v breakers with a 3rd set of sensors. My WA state utility meter is a net meter, with separate totals for kWh used from the utility and generated kWh returned to the grid. We don’t have Time of Use in WA state, and my utility will give me a 1 kWh credit for each kWh produced over what I consume that I will be used at other times (though I’ve never had a case where I’ve generated more than consumed in a day). My house is all electric, 2 water heaters, electric furnace/stove/oven/dryer, and I charge an EV 1-2 times per week – yeah I know this is a tall order, especially in western WA. 

I’m a computer guy, very techie, and have lots of questions. I’ll try to ask them one at a time.

If I use 50 kWh of electricity during the day and generate 50 kWh from solar during that same day: Looking at the Trends / Solar / Usage part of the Sense app at the end of the day, should I see:
Production = 50 kWh
Usage = 50 kWh
To Grid = 0 kWh
From Grid = 0 kWh

Or, does it depend on if/when the usage and solar generation times overlap or not? What should I expect to see for this case?

Mark

To answer your first question, it depends on when in the day you use the power.

Here’s an example: