I ended up app-izing my utility that correlates hourly Sense AC data with Ecobee Stage 1/2 runtime data. It will read in a Sense export file and a Ecobee file and produce a set of correlation graphs and coefficients that will show correlation between hourly Stage 1/2 runtimes and Sense hourly power usage.
Here’s the link:
What goes in:
- Sense Hourly Export data for a single month. My app will recognize device names that start with "AC " and "A/C " as possible AC power usage for comparison.
- Ecobee (5 min) data for the same month - can be multiple Ecobees, but one file for each at a time.
- Only designed for comparing single months, but can compare several Ecobees vs single Sense file though one at a time.
- I have tested with several sets of data from several homes, but still not super well tested.
- I’m still playing with best ways to handle missing / incomplete data (NAs).
Here’s what the results look like for my house for the month of Aug. Ecobee ID 311010110873 runtime (upstairs) matches with AC 2 and Ecobee ID 311059275689 (downstairs) matches with AC 3.