What's new in: V33 (iOS/Android) V12 (Web): Dedicated Circuit Monitoring

Thank you I appreciate it.

1 Like

v33.2 for Android and v33.1 for iOS have been released with bug fixes.

3 Likes

I am using the dedicated circuit monitors to see what the power signature/use is for my hot tub. I have had this on that circuit for a week or so and have added the hot tub as a device and have been able to track its power usage.
I now would like to check other circuits with the sense monitors. Once I move these to new circuits does Sense lose the ability to identify the hot tubs power usage or does it learn that and continue providing that information?

Hi @scg0557 - Currently, Sense is unable monitor the hot tub power usage once you moved the Flex Sensors off the breaker.

Finally got DCM set up and working last night on 2 of my 240V circuits using my second Sense monitor. The only problem is that I thought I had put the CTs on the 240V reds for both of my Tesla chargers, but really put it on my Model 3 charger and on the 240V line that feeds my floor heater sub-panel. Think I’ll keep it like this for a while, because I already have a way of detecting my Model S charging, but Sense misses some of the floor heaters.

Great news because now I can see an exact view on my Model 3 charging…

For those users who already have solar, like @andy, I have shown at least a proof of concept that you can use additional Sense units with the Flex CTs as Dedicated Circuit Monitoring. For folks who are handy with spreadsheets, it’s pretty much a snap to integrated that houly/daily exported data into Senses main data stream, to further reduce Other. My only challenge in getting things working was getting past the initial setup of the second Sense, because Sense sees the negative energy flow on the mains, without seeing power coming in on the Flex CTs, when my solar is producing more than the house is using. I needed a little help from Sense support to get past setup errors and avoid getting locked into Solar mode. So again, a good way for those who already have solar, but are willing to pay for an extra Sense monitor and Flex CTs, to monitor a couple of balanced 240V circuits that Sense is no currently picking up.

1 Like