WiFi Network Timeout/Recovery

I believe they did fix the wifi issue a while back. But there are a few things that often get conflated to be the same issue.

There is still an outstanding issue with some Sense devices where if there is a momentary power blip, the Sense gets stuck in a weird state and needs a power cycle to get it back.

In your case, you mention the internet service had a brief glitch. Is it possible you actually had a power issue? If not, in regards to your ISP issues = do you mean that your wifi stopped broadcasting, or that your internet connection went down (usually two different things).
I know that @brbeaird had an experience that an interruption in the internet connection caused him to have to reset the Sense, but I’m about 95% sure that Sense fixed the issue where if internet or wifi connectivity goes away, it can recover. I know that in my house, Comcast has outages several times a week. Sometimes for 30 seconds, sometimes for 2 hours, and the Sense is always fine. Not that my experience means that everyone else’s is wrong, but I know its been stable since Sense pushed some updates.

And please know, i"m not trying to discount your issue. If it wasn’t a WiFi issue, but a power issue, it is still a problem and an annoyance and you should reach out to support so they can look at your monitor and see if they can see what happened.

See this post from one of the Sense engineers about both the power issue and at least one WiFi issue.

1 Like