Bill cycle missing from Trends on browser

On my IOS Sense app under Trends/Usage, I can choose BILL as an option and it shows me the total usage since my last billing date (that I define). In Firefox on my Mac, the BILL option is not there under Trends/Usage. Why not?

2 Likes

Mine since an update no longer shows the bill just usage.

@mcphersonkent ,
I’m still seeing “Bill” as an option in the Web App on Safari and on Chrome on iOS. Wonder if it is a browser thing ?

@wasserott, that’s a different change than I think @mcphersonkent is describing. Yes, Sense did turn off the $$ option for the top-level Dashboard in the last release. I suspect they did that because it was impossible to make it match the Utility-provided billing amount to the complexity of real rate schedules, like:

• Non-linear rate structures - ToU and tiering, both passable and non-passable.
  • Numerous flat rate fee adders
  • Billing start and ends on different days of the month
    The Sense calculated $$ amounts are available the next level down in the Trends section, for more sophisticated Sense users.

ps: My theory is that Sense added the Dashboard mainly for their new utility customers onboarding via Sense-enabled Landis & Gyr and Itron meters. Utilities would want to keep the top level as simple and useful as possible - the top level trendline today sheds many things that are useful to more sophisticated users. It has very simplistic pricing that did not change according to ToU (even when ToU schedules were available), and still does not show Net Usage, which is crucial to Solar users, opting for only Total Cumulative Usage.