Breaker drawing power, and I cant find out where [solved]

Definitely hoping that the breaker goes to nothing but this element, and I cant turn it off for good once I know for sure.

It’s interesting. The reason I got the Sense was a unknown tripling of the electric bill, and I feel like this is the culprit. Though now I want to penny pinch each watt that I see being used! :yum:

1 Like

Got it!!! Turns out there is a small inset space heater that lives in our water closet with the water heater and furnace. Its thermostat was set to a very high temperature and I never noticed the room being unusually warm because… Well… There’s a furnace in there. That thing has been costing a huge amount of money, it’s a huge relief to finally get it dealt with and turned down to 35!

5 Likes

Nice sleuthing !

That’s a great find that you should post to Sense Saves!

Just makes sure that 35F is warm enough if the furnace goes out? There to prevent pipe freezing?

1 Like

Awesome! I agree with @ixu xu. This is the exact kind of story that is perfect for Sense Saves. We’d love if you shared it there.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.