Bulb Wattage Check

My LED can lamps have never been detected in the 4-5 years of having sense. I get that LED are small and hard to find.

So the new bulb wattage part of the app came out, so I gave it a try:

1. Office with 4 LED can lamps - showed 34W – OK thats good
  2. Bathroom with 3 LED bulbs in a fixture – I tried 4 times and got 4 different results: 134W 116W 110W 127W I would expect this value to be MUCH lower. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Some bulbs have technical data printed right on them, as illustrated in the link below. Check your bathroom bulbs for such information, because all four of your measurements are larger than expected for LED technology.

1 Like

@deputypaulatl ,
You might want to try WattChecker again. Sense quietly released an updated WattChecker this past week that includes more device type options. Worked better on in-fan fluorescent bulbs for me.

1 Like

I would certainly be interested in hearing what folks are seeing with the new Watt Check and if anyone has found anything specifically interesting or useful with it!

I must be dense but I cannot find this. Where is this feature?

Start in the WattChecker panel/button in the Dashboard of the app (not the web app), where the previous version lived. The device type selection menu pops up before measuring sequence.

I must be even denser. I have no such button in the dashboard. I am talking about the sense app on both iPhone or iPad. Is this perhaps an Android only function, or what is going on??

@dolfs , on my iPad, it’s below the Compare panel.

I tried to make some screenshots and when I try to perform a measurement:

I hit “I’m Ready” and …

This is on the android app version 2024.3 build 4324

Yep, it is confirmed. Brain fail. Found it now

1 Like

Maybe @BeccaAtSense can look into possible issues. Haven’t see this happen on iOS.

Just curious, what devices are you trying to measure? This may provide some helpful insight into knowing why this might’ve happened.

Thanks

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what I was trying to measure.
It never got to the countdown where I could switch it on.

1 Like