Heat device?

What in the world could this be?

2 Likes

Your post may produce some great answers, but if you could take a screen capture of the device’s power meter, it’ll possibly help.

Like in your app, you’ll click on devices at the bottom menu, click on the heat 5 device, scroll to the bottom of the screen and you’ll see something like this…

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … V heart V

True! Here it is…image

1 Like

The only heat item I have detected in seconds intervals was the igniter to a gas burner. tick tick tick tick two seconds.

1 Like

No gas here except for the generator.

1 Like

I can’t find any of my signatures that resemble your signature. Some clues are that it ran for 10min just before 10:30am and sometimes it’s only ~200W instead of 1000W. Usage is sporadic.
Do you have a point of use water heater? Or a small tankless water heater?
Like someone showered near 10am? The short few second sporadic spikes that are 200-1000W I cannot answer unless it has a small tank to top off the heat every so often… Or there is brief hand rinsing.
At 2pm the spike looks like it took a minute or so.

Or do you have a Keurig coffee maker?

It may take some digging, but does this correlate with any other starts of a device? Maybe it got mis-identified and it is a fridge start or something that has a spike at start up. I have a ‘device’ that runs for 1-2 seconds every 30 min. I am going to start turning breakers off to see if I can interrupt the pattern and identify the device.

1 Like

No, it is very random.

1 Like

Do you have anything on a charger? Like a tool battery in the garage, or something? Maybe battery backup for a garage door opener? Possibly a laptop?

We’ve seen this before, and commonly it’s a charged battery topping off.

3 Likes

Yes, a 1500w UPS for my computers.

• Gil

/)/)/)______
Gilberto López-Padró
San Juan, Puerto Rico
glopezpadro@me.com
about.me/gilberto.lopez

1 Like

Bingo.

3 Likes

Very helpful to me also…never would have thought of that, and we’ve about a dozen chargers of various types.

No electric car, which wouldn’t even get us to the nearest shopping mall and back, so pretty useless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.