How Do I Improve Detection and Use Alternative Measurement Sources?

I looked at the TP-Link KP125MP4(US) and what it offers. It is built for "Monitoring and is doing a good job. Sense needs to make it a priority to integrate with the “MATTER” protocol. This one thing would open up the most devices to SENSE hardware, This is a no brainer. Also it is clear that Sense isn’t reading the local network for devices correctly. If they did they would have the MAC data for devices that they can compare for such devices. From here they would know how to interact with the device. This is nothing new and the device shouldn’t of gone out the door with out this consideration and implementation. Now I have two 200 amp panels being monitored. One for the north side of the house and one for the south on a 400 amp service. The feeder lines are 25 feet long back to the meter distribution cabinet. What is nice about this is that any device that powers on will be sensed on the mains at different times and have the same signature. This should give sense a clue in differentiating devices. We have two water heaters. Sense sees them operate both with differing performance but can’t make the call. These are resistive loads easily distinguishable. What gives SENSE? And there is an API from PG&E that could be used to inquire the smart meter. If you haven’t been paying attention the batteries run out and then they are bogus charging customers, That is the key reason I purchased the sense in the first place. My bill is way too high for what the SENSE is reading. I will work with you if your willing. I am currently building a SCADA system for my research project on Oxyhydrogen Pulse and Rotary Detonation Pump. I am working with WAGO and they gave me the equipment because of the breakthrough research it represents. I can approach them and take the PLC I have to do a better job. And in doing a much more accurate and cheaper approach that you may force me to travel. And SquareD better get their act together on smart breakers for existing panels. Seems your all in bed together. Start being responsive or I will. Discusse how you are bringing smart appliances onboard, and what the status of MATTER devices is. Sincerely Grouchy Old Physics Researcher

1 Like