I’d write this in the app via the support link, but it’s a lot easier to give step-by-step repro instructions if the app isn’t tied up writing the support request. Hopefully someone at Sense can forward it to the right person:
- Open a device’s settings page.
- Tap on the name, and change the name.
- Tap “Update”.
- Tap the “Manage” pane of settings. The “Save” button at the top right becomes “Close”, and the “Cancel” button disappears.
- At this point, the name change is lost, no matter what you do.
My expectation would be either of the following:
- After hitting “Update” button, the name is saved.
- The Device Settings keeps the Save/Cancel buttons, even when switching to the Manage pane, and pressing Save would save the new name.
Since a common thing for me recently is for Sense to detect a new device, then I take a guess at a name, then I set up an alert so I can confirm the name later… I always lose the name I just set, because it’s in the Manage pane, and I go there right after setting the new name!
Today, I think it detected the hedge trimmer we were using last weekend, of all things!