Juicebox Integration

Understood. However, this feature request is specifically for the Juicebox EVSE (hence the title). Others asking for alternatives makes no difference, those can go in some more generic “Smart EVSE Integration” thread that may or may not exist.

++ adding my support

I have integrated my two Juicebox EVSEs into Sense.

Sense <-> Senselink <-> Home Assistant (with JuiceNet addon) <-> JuiceNet API

SenseLink

I get 30 second resolution and surprisingly was able to get home assistant docker up and running within 5 minutes (I’ve never used home-assistant before). Adding in JuiceNet integration was one minute or less and getting my API code was more time consuming.

Granted, I had earlier spent an hour or so learning Docker and getting SenseLink working but I figured Home Assistant was going to be the bigger hassle but thankfully not.

3 Likes

Hi @jeffml,

I’ve done the same. It works well. The intent, however, wasn’t to be able to integrate with Home Automation, so much as provide Sense with information about when a car is/isn’t charging. Much like their TP-Link and WeMo smart plug integration.

I’m sure I didn’t communicate it cleary but what you are describing is exactly what I have. SenseLink emulates the TP-Link. I get nice big bubble(s) when either car is plugged in.

3 Likes

Oh. I missed that piece.

looks up SenseLink

Thanks!

Looks like HASS has this built in since 0.115. Just trying to figure out how to configure…

Got it. works great with built-in SenseLink…