Juicebox Integration

Hi all,

I’ve asked about this via support, but thought I’d add it here since this is the community forum (and could get more votes). Since it looks like Sense is working on integrations, it would be great if we could integrate with “smart” EVSE’s (like Juicebox, Chargepoint, etc). Juicebox has an API (Enel X Way Partners with Leaders in the EV industry) that should allow grabbing when car is charging or not. This would help resolves issues I (and I assume others) have had with Sense not reliably picking up EV charging cycles. Obviously Tesla support would also help with that, but I don’t have a Tesla. =)

Thanks! Happy to provide support in testing if this is something that’s pursued. =)

p.s. Looks like Chargepoint also has an API: ChargePoint

But I only have a Juicebox Pro 40, so that’s more what I’m looking for integration with.

17 Likes

+1 for juicebox

1 Like

+1 for chargepoint

2 Likes

@mattlebaugh and @keith_McBride1 would ya’ll mind voting for it up top as well?

Thanks!

Done, didn’t see voting was added.

1 Like

I agree, I have a Juicebox 40 and use it to charge a nissan leaf and tesla M3.

1 Like

I would be happy to share my JuiceBox EVSE charging data with Sense to help analyze the charging signature of my BMW i3. Sense has detected it, but the waveform data detected by Sense doesn’t match the actual data from JuiceBox.

Would it be possible for you to submit this to the library?
I think it may be of interest to see side by side screenshots.

Try this, I think this is the direct link.
https://community.sense.com/c/device-detection/device-library

still greyed out.

no worries. Sense detects my Volt pretty well now. I’ll let @mercslexus2000 do his for his i3.

+1 for Chargepoint integration

1 Like

I planned to do this, but in the meantime Sense’s detection has really deteriorated by picking up what is seemingly only one leg and only a portion of the charge cycle. I have a ticket into support to fix this issue first, then hopefully I can submit more photos and details.

I have a Juicebox Pro 40, but I only charge my Leaf once a week or so. Because of my low frequency of use, I think “smart device” integration is likely my only hope.

I would love to see Juicebox support as well for connected devices. I use a Juicebox Pro 40 at home that I have been waiting for some kind of detection.

Plus One for Juice Box

+1 for Juicebox Pro 40

+1 Juicebox Pro 40 used on
2016 Ford Cmax Energi
2013 Toyota RAV4EV
I frequently use the Juicebox app to change 40A limit to 20A, FYI.
can’t find voting mentioned above…
Once I get the HS110 smart plug connected another 120V ESVE will be monitored.

Keep in mind guys, these ev “chargers” would need to be smart device integrations. If your “charger” doesn’t connect to the net there is nothing to support from the sense side of things… All level 1 and level 2 chargers are actually onboard of the car… the “chargers” that mount on your wall just pass the 120-240vac to the onboard car charger using relays/contactors. The sense learning of a charger, is actually learning your car. If sense learns your tesla, then I come over with my Leaf its probably not going to show up because that’s a totally different charger (even though im using your wall “charger”). But point taken… I think sense should sell accessories that work with sense… Like internet connected CT’s for things like this.

1 Like

Yes @pir8radio, these are smart EVSEs. Please look up the Juicebox EVSE to see yourself. JuiceBox Level 2 EV Charger & Charging Station | Enel X Way

Please don’t be pedantic. Yes, the charger is onboard the car. The EVSE is what we’re talking about.

Thanks, I know what a juicebox is… my kids drink them all the time…

There were mentions of other brands, not all EVSE’s necessarily come with remote management or network capability. I was pointing out to others that this request would be for smart devices only…