Mystery device

I see something cycling on about every 1 mi, ~ 70 watts. it is on ALL the time and shows up on the meter as a constant feature… It can’t be a demand device, since so regular. power size suggests some sort of electronic. a friend with a similar power meter has the exact same signature, so it must be reasonably common.

any ideas?

1 Like

please post a picture of the meter with the signal that you’re in question of as well as a zoomed in picture of the wave form so others can see if it matches anything they have.

2 Likes

I meant to do so but, forgot! here is a screenshot of the meter.

Looks like myt Keurig coffee maker. Could also be plumbing heat tape to keep pipes from freezing or heat pump crankcase heater. Can you double check the wattage? 70 would be low for keurig but just relight for heat tape

I am in california so not heater tapes. don;t have a keurig. yes, it is ~ 70w, but the thing that floors me is the tick-tock regularity.

That is strange and it’s really low wattage too. Only other thing comes to mind is waterbed heater or aquarium heater. I guess could be anything trying to maintain heat. My daughter has a dragon but I don’t know what the heater she has does.

WHat ever it is I have one too. Mine is only about 18 watts, but it comes on for one minute every five minutes. Look almost identical to yours. I have almost concluded that it must be the sense device itself.

Certainly not Sense self-consumption which maxes out below 5W and is not going to produce a 1min on, 4min off signature like you have,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.