Power Meter - no device identification, its been years!

Hi @aaron1. I don’t know if I agree with the 100% useless portion. Although tagging doesn’t persist and isn’t available on the Web app, I’ve personally used the Power Meter to confirm specific behaviors in my home by scrolling through the last 24 hours of my meter. Again, I don’t think this nullifies your suggestion, just adding in additional perspective here.

Do you have a goal or notification scheduled to alert you when you surpass your peak demand use? I’ve set up a few goals in my home to alert me if my home is ever using more than “X” wattage.

I’m not quite sure I’d consider this “basic” or even “highly requested” - I’ve seen a few smaller threads on this, but nothing substantial. If you head over to the Product Wishlist forum, you’ll see we’ve tackled some of the most requested items in this forum. None of those were small projects, and most of them have been aimed at enhancing the user experience. I encourage you to add this to the Product Wishlist forum or comment on the correlating thread. We also spoke with the Data Science team about Progressive Device Detection. This doesn’t address your specific request, but is relevant in providing more data to users about how we detect devices.