Power meter showing 0w

In mine, that was the only place where the busses were small enough to get the CTs around, before the supply split between my two sub panels, essentially on the bussbar right after the meter. My electrician was willing to go into the mains box before the meter and noted that power companies add the seal to keep people from “stealing” pre-meter energy, not for safety. On the forum, one other guy actually had the same utility as mine install the CTs pre-meter, so I’m not so worried about the sanctity of the “seal”. More interested in effectively monitoring my energy usage without setup hiccoughs.

What size solar system do you have that is producing almost 100kWh a day?

17.550kW system. 54 Panasonic HIT 325 with enphase IQ7x microinverters. System this size is required for a home my size with pool in swamp ass Tampa, FL. Covers about 110% of energy needs on average

2 Likes

Nice size… I have 36 Panasonic HIT 325’s with Enphase IQ7x’s being installed next week I hope. I’m in rainy Orlando, FL. Should cover 90-95% of our energy.

Any luck on getting solid readings from Sense?

1 Like

Support reset all my data. It is going through its programming now. I ended up placing the clamps on the bus bars. The data reset seems to have fixed the issue of negative wattage when a device is turned on. The solar readings are funky. I had the solar clamps on the main lines coming from the micro bus bars and was getting close readings (~5% within enphase). Now they are on the wires coming from the roof and reading significantly lower. I’ll give it a couple weeks and ask support if I can put them back on the main lines for more accurate reading. We got the 325 HIT because they were black on black. I didn’t like the checkerboard look

Who’s installing your system?

Local company, Gulf Electircal

That’s good your readings are getting better.

For us with a single inverter and opimizers, instead of microinverters, the power coming from the roof is DC, so unmeasurable by Sense.

How does the phasing work between all the microinverters - I was mentally trying to work through phase in your microinverter breaker box, but it is very confusing. I’m guessing the microinverters sync to the phase they are attached to in the box. But if your wire phase bundles going through the two CTs coming from your roof doesn’t match the phases propagated from the box, then the wires with mismatched phase will subtract from the power delivered, even if it is delivering the power correctly in the box.

Just a thought on what might cause rooftop measurements to be different.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.