Problem staying logged in to 2 accounts simultaneously

Maybe I’m just woefully lacking in my browser skills but I’ll ask anyway.

I have 2 units, separate accounts, different email addresses for each. I open 2 Chrome windows, split screen and switch between the two windows but I need to keep logging in. I’ll try the Chrome + IE solution if needed. Do I need to?

I read similar threads but I’m not sure it answered my question.

2 Likes

you can use Chrome, but open one of the windows in incognito mode or as another user in chrome. Multiple windows using the same “Chrome” user will share login cookies and active site sessions which is what is causing you to not be able to keep both accounts logged in at once. This is a “this is how the web works” issue, not a Sense issue.

3 Likes

We recommend using two separate browsers for the multiple account log-ins - incognito mode doesn’t always seem to work here.

You can use two chrome profiles/accounts at the same time - no need to use two different browsers, like Chrome and Edge/Firefox:

https://ithelp.brown.edu/kb/articles/use-chrome-with-multiple-google-accounts

1 Like

Why can’t we just add a second monitor to the first account with a warning that if the monitors are not on the same physical electrical service it will be inaccurate?

Even if they are on the same service, data will be inaccurate. Aggregating data, down to the device level, from two monitors is far more challenging than it might sound. Straightforward account switching would be somewhat easier to implement, and if you’re interested in that, I’d suggest ‘liking’ this thread to show your interest: 2 Senses on 1 Account or Account Switching

Our recent 400A integration solved this issue for a lot of people (who had multiple monitors on the same service). However, it doesn’t work in all cases — if middle port is in use or if the panels are greater than 80’ apart (as I noted yours are from your other post).

1 Like

And if you really do want to see your data merged in some form you can merge exported hourly or daily data from multiple monitors / accounts in Excel (or R). Some pointers here:

What kind of analysis would you want to see in a combined hourly result ?

Using excel defeats the purpose of having an app on my phone. I don’t mind the account switching too much as long at the app can still send push notifications from either monitor without manual intervention.

I guess I don’t get the overall behind the scenes problems, or maybe you don’t really understand what we are asking. I have yet to have any device on the other branch of the service to be found, in fact I can’t even run a powerline internet extender since the services are either completely separated at the pole, or are just too far away.

So basically just need two separate Monitors to show up on the same account, all devices are separate entities and will never be duplicated between devices, then just take the totals that you already have for each monitor and add them together.

Put a disclaimer checkbox when adding a second monitor that its an experimental feature and some devices may be found multiple times and that it may not be accurate.

Hey @Randyre. I let @RyanAtSense answer the initial question here because he’s extremely well versed in knowing what dual-monitor aggregation entails and how it differs from the separate request of being able to switch between two accounts. I will also say that just because this is not on our short-term roadmap doesn’t mean that we’re not ever going to pursue this. Ryan’s advice above re: “Liking” the product wishlist thread with the request for “Account Switching” is our primary methodology of prioritizing community wishlist features. I’m really happy to say that we have already crossed off a couple of the most widely requested community features from the wishlist here.

Again, this feedback is really appreciated. We’re a small company but we do try to address things our community users want to see in the app as often as we can. Upvoting in the product wishlist forums is the best way to get this stuff on our radar :slight_smile:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.