2 Senses on 1 Account or Account Switching

I understand that the being able to combine 2 senses to 1 dashboard has been discussed ad nauseam, and while I agree it needs to be done ASAP… It’s probably a pipe dream at this point.

That being said, at the very least it would be nice to be able to have 2 Senses with 2 Dashboards on the same account and just toggle between them. This would solve the problem for people that have 2 houses and want to be able to easily see them and the people with 2 (or 3, whatever) panels in one house would at least be able to quickly jump between them. Additionally, if combined monitoring becomes a possibility in the future, you’d have historical data for both devices that could theoretically be merged to be shown on one dashboard.

While this solution is far from combining 2 on one dashboard, it’s a step in the right direction and I feel like implementation of this would be relatively easy.

1 Like

Account switching (which is pretty close to what you’re talking about here) was discussed a bit in the other thread, but I’ll leave this open since it’s a bit more focused and has use cases beyond ad hoc 400A support. You’re absolutely right that it’s easier to build. That said, it doesn’t fully cover the 400A use case but it is good for people with multiple homes, multiple monitors at the same home, or a Sense in, say, an aging parents’ house. I’ll keep my mouth firmly shut :zipper_mouth_face: regarding roadmap, so I’ll just say “stay tuned” for now.

Yeah, I read the other thread extensively and I felt like this wasn’t addressed thoroughly.

As far as account switching goes, there’s no reason to have more than one account as far as I can tell. Why would I want to open a 2nd email account for the sole purpose of running a 2nd sense? Logically, it would be easier and make more sense, to me at least, to be able to register more than one device to a single account and switch between them.

Another good use for this would be landlords with multiple rental properties, especially if utilities are included in rent.

Ability to rename each device eg, “Home,” “Mom’s House,” “Shop,” “1234 Main St Rental,” etc would be invaluable.

Yeah, I completely understand it doesn’t fully cover the 400a situation, but being able to easily toggle between and quickly see 1500w on one and 1000w on the other is much faster and more convenient than logging out and logging back into a second account. And even if it doesn’t solve the problem, it’s closer to a solution than we currently are and resembles progress that hasn’t been seen for 2yrs from what I can see in the forums.

I’ve had 2 Senses for a good while and one of the first things I requested was this capability. I quickly realized that, while convenient in some cases, keeping the accounts and monitors with a one-to-one relationship has distinct advantages … especially for a young, small company that has primary focus elsewhere. I won’t go into great detail about why that is because it’s been hashed out ad nauseam elsewhere, but here are a couple of thoughts:

• Privacy & security is often best implemented in hardware. It’s only in recent years, after decades of cellular phones, that you can have multiple numbers on a single phone.

• Accounts (logins & backend cloud data) that are linked to multiple pieces of hardware can present complex challenges of integration & administration … it’s often not as easy as it might seem.