Sense confuses my dryer as my oven

Threads without a response get closed after a year. We do that to keep this forum organized. Device conflation still happens and you’ll find many threads here that mention it. For issues of conflation, you should write into the Support team. Sometimes, they’re able to help force some differentiation in the backend.

Keep in mind that while it may be (relatively) simple to discern a dryer from an oven in a vacuum, your house has many other competing signals. Those competing signals create the biggest challenge for us. If you only ever ran one device at a time, discerning the oven from the dryer would be a much simpler problem to solve. Unfortunately for us, homes just aren’t that simple. We don’t natively see isolated signals, but messy composites of many signals that always look different. It’s like a needle in a haystack, but the haystack and needle keep changing in size and shape.

I’d recommend reading this thread, as it goes into some of the complexities of ML-based device disaggregation: Why can't you train Sense?