Sense Monitor Offline

I got a notification that the sense monitor was offline. Checking the community forum and found out that turning off the breaker for a couple seconds could bring the device back to normal and it did. I now have a 2 hour hole in the Power Monitor when the outage occurred. Does sense have a local storage that will fill in the data hole or is the data just lost?

yes, but only if WIFI was lost and reconnected I believe it logs for up to 8 hrs, But if power loss or breaker reset, the data is gone.

You can learn more about data persistence here: https://help.sense.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022456993-What-happens-if-Sense-loses-Wi-Fi-connection-

If Sense is unable to reconnect, the monitor can hold at least six hours of device-specific, per-second data. After that space is exhausted, the data may be lost, but the monitor will try to preserve per-minute data for whole home consumption and solar production for a minimum of three months.

Note that in cases where multiple power outages occur while Sense is disconnected from Wi-Fi, further data loss can occur.

I would encourage you to reach out to the Support team for your specific issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.