UI improvement suggestions

Some good points. There’s a lot to unpack and debate here.

Now > Bubbles + Timeline I agree is cluttered on a smartphone screen; tablets can benefit though from the dual display. I would credit Sense with having considered this fairly carefully for all the display possibilities including a browser. Solving the small screen clutter issue could be “swipe down for fullscreen Bubbles” in the same way that currently you can swipe up for fullscreen timeline.

Something I will add is that in the long term I can see good reason to incorporate logging/history/realtime signals into the UI along with controls (=smart switches/dimmers and so on).

“Now” could become more like “Home”. The Sense icon is a “Home” talk bubble after all! Meaning: In the Home screen you currently have Bubbles or Power Meter selection up top … this could be split and become Bubbles/Controls/“Info” etc where “Info” could be Timeline/History/Logs/Alerts or whatever. I could see that maturing into a Trace/Signals option where you are presented with relevant realtime info like Signals and wifi strength and so on.

The Home screen could allow swipe left-right to switch to these different modes.

Personally I could let my Home screen live as Controls most of the time because I usually find myself going to Devices to scroll around and switch things on and off.

There are unexploited UI options with swipe left/right in the Devices list.

A Sense widget is also something that could take some of the more interactive (switch control) stuff out of the app although where you draw the line between Sense-as-energy-monitor and Sense-as-controller is a tough call.