View Solar Meter independent of grid meter

It would be nice to view the Solar METER data independent of the consumption data.

1 Like

Anyone else find a need for this?

1 Like

Are you referring to net solar that’s sent back to the grid? Or an independent power meter view that only shows solar?

Just total production itself, similar to how you can see an individual device on its own.

It’s hard to view the solar production when the power usage is also displayed… Especially when looking over multiple months, to see the change in production based on sun movement.

1 Like

I look at it on the usage page and just select the solar. Is something like this what you mean?

1 Like

My problem is that My Daily use is potentially very high. Look at your photo, it scales the Graph based off of the back grey " USAGE". Making my solar look like a straight light/ tiny orange dots. When I plug in an Electric car, my wife does Laundry, we run the Dish washer the Daily “time of use:” spikes wreaking havoc on these graphs

1 Like

1 Like

If there was a way you could view it as a Device in addition to, that would be helpful to me. These graph separately.

1 Like

What would you want to do with that graph ? Measure something ? Correlate with events during the day ? If I was you, I would zoom in to avoid the usage spikes and the solar will rescale.

if the large usage falls in the middle of the day, your out of luck with the re-scale

I want to be able to look at solar production, the Sense is my only source of Daily/ Hourly production. I purchased this instead of the solar specific monitor.

1 Like

I could use an independent Solar production display as PortSolar describes. I bought Sense for the same reason - to track hourly/daily solar production.

@PortSolar,
The new Power Meter update lets me scale vertically, independent of the Total Usage spikes. And if I want to get a detailed measurement of a tiny solar spike, I’m able to zoom and align the measuring bar easily. Maybe you are trying to use the web app or it doesn’t work the same on Android as iOS ?

@Spagnood, so you are really looking for something like the Solar Trend, without the Total Usage trend as well ? You do know that the web app let’s you mouse over each bar and see the actually hourly or daily usage.