What was your first detected Device?

What was the first device detected and how long did it take ?

1 Like

It was the stage 1 compressor of my AC system. It was found in about 2 days.

1 Like

Ha that is funny…

Mine was the coffe maker after 1 day.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community… I posted a time history for my detection a while back, after I did a full reset of my Sense. One of my old AC units, a coffee maker, a microwave and a couple of my fridges were the first few native detections.

My chest freezer, water heater, and ice maker were all detected after the first day.

1 Like

I believe mine was my fridge and it came within a few days.

1 Like

Yip, fridge, then hot tub, then microwave, most recently garage door.

All high draw, all run many times a day.

1 Like

My fridge was my first (and so far only - 10 days in) device. Detected after 2 days.

1 Like

Kevin, Do you actually have ~30 smart plugs? Or did you move them around from device to device as the devices were detected?

2 Likes

I do have 30 - 3 HS300s, plus 12 HS110s. I went above the recommended limit of 20, because I didn’t know that HS300s counted on a per outlet basis. Sense has since added more specific guidance. I have 65 detected devices in total, though a few of those are be redundant (Smartplug plus detection) or deprecated.

2 Likes

HVAC fan was my first. Not surprising since I have my Ecobee thermostat set to cycle the fan on for at least 10 out of every 60 minutes, so between that and regular HVAC cycles on top of that, it was a very regular on/off signature it was able to find ASAP.

2 Likes

Two properties with Sense, in both cases the basement dehumidifier was the first detected device. Don’t remember exactly when, but sometime in the first couple of days. Sense really likes seeing all those on/off cycles :slight_smile:

1 Like