Hello, new SENSE user here, after a bumpy start and some BACKEND TECHNICAL WORK, i’ve been UP and RUNNING with Solar and Grid Monitoring, and SOME Detection, Thank you!
I’m in I.T. and although it’s NOT directly related to what SENSE and ELECTRICITY is doing, I assume there’s some common grounds in networking, databases, algorithms, signatures, comparing, etc…etc…
I am hoping that there is something around here, that I haven’t found/run into yet, but it seems that the Device Detection Process has a LONG WAY TO GO…
I went with SENSE thinking they are the company i’ve seen ‘doing this’ the longest and I didn’t even really consider ‘the other guys’ but after my experience, i’m starting to wonder how the other guys are doing in that department.
I was really looking forward to the ‘device detection’ aspect of this process, as much as I appreciate seeing in realtime, solar and grid usage, I really wanted to know what was consuming the power and when.
I would like to believe after some period of monitoring/recording time, that you should be able to turn devices on/off and SENSE would be able to detect that change/signature, and either match it up with something previously submitted from the SENSE Community and/or ask for help with input.
Just some random items/thoughts here:
(1) I have a couple Air Conditioners in my house, one is a 5 ton, one is 1 1/2 ton for a smaller space, for my home office.
It found the smaller one fairly quickly but not the BIG one even with it running and cycling often enough.
(2) Pool pumps - Is there something up with detecting them? I have seen something about 240v equipment but not sure how it applies, I see it on the OVERALL USAGE, but it doesn’t detect it as a device
(3) Other pumps - I have a POND and various water features also with the pool mentioned above, they One of them is constantly On, and i’ve turned it ON/OFF and confirmed it in the LIVE METER, but it doesn’t detect it as a device or the other pumps.
(4) TVs and Monitors, I have LOTS of them for for personal and work related usage, it sees the power, doesn’t detect them as devices
(5) Misc Cameras and alarms and other electric gadgets, same as above.
After what I saw while browsing, there isn’t anything we can do but wait?
With a ‘smart bar’ is it possible to actually detect what the devices are or is that just ON/OFF ability?