1 Month in helped make me aware

Fantastic product. Some minor hick-ups with device detection but i’ve learned to just step back and let it do it’s thing. We moved into our new home and got hit with a $440 electric bill our 1st month in. it was a punch in the gut for sure. I immediately knew some lifestyle changes were needed between me,my wife and 5 year old daughter. Mainly I just needed to be aware of what was being used and where to focus 1st. Long story short,I just opened our 1 month in with sense electric bill. We went from 2808kWh(before sense) to 1,756kWh(1 month with sense) our 2nd bill is $272.00! The great thing is we didnt really sacrifice comfort so much. Mainly getting our 2 AC’s in check and being realistic with this 100 degree Central Florida summer. Changing all the vanity bulbs to LED. I was shocked to see the bulbs in our bathrooms using like 600kWh per hour! Yikes. and the fans constantly left on on the back porch were using ~250kWh per hour… Kitchen bulbs,yup…changed those too…Turtle tank heat lamps…yup…turtle found a new home with my kids friend…Let them spend the money on those bulbs… Anyways…great product. It really opened my eyes to how we use electricity in our home.

8 Likes

That’s awesome to hear. Thanks for sharing your story!

If you feel so inclined, sensesaves.sense.com is a repository site where users share their stories and savings in a more purpose-built platform. Feel free to share some of these over there as well! We’re actually running a little sweepstakes there at the moment where every story enters you to win a $25 Amazon gift card (good for getting a smart plug!)

2 Likes