In the devices tab it breaks down the usage of individual devices. You can see % of monthly use as well as usage by day, week, month, year, bill.
I would love to see another tab somewhere that takes all that existing information and puts it into a simple pie chart.
The pieces of the pie would be all the individual devices, other, always on.
You could select by hr, day, week, month, year bill.
A breakdown of the totals making it so much easier to see which individual devices are power hogs.
A great format to print and show others in the house without having to go through each individual device.
Great for educating kids (and adults) in a way they can understand.
@obscuredtrip I recognize this doesn’t accommodate your request, but I figured I’d share that you can do this manually with the help of the Data Export tool in the web app (home.sense.com).
- Select the given time frame from on the Trends page, export a .csv of data
- Drop the data into a Google Sheets document (remove the first row with the description text)
- Open Google Data Studio and select your Google Sheet spreadsheet from Step 2 as the data source
- Select a “Pie Chart” from the available chart options in the top-right of the screen
- For Dimension, select “Name”. For Metric, select “Avg. Wattage”
- “Add a filter” to exclude the “Name” “Total Usage” from the graph
Below is what you’d see using my house as an example.
Thanks for sharing that! Very similar to what I was looking for.
I’ve never dabbled in data manipulation so this is a new world for me.
Now I need to find a way to automate the process.
This shouldn’t be too hard to automate. Let me know what you find.