Always On devices moved to smart plugs - How to subtract from house Always On?

A good portion of my “Always on” devices are ones that I moved onto their own smart plugs months ago. How do I get them to come off of “always on”? I wouldn’t mind but some of these are 1-200W devices which throws the numbers off by a lot.

The Always On from the smart plugs is already being subtracted off already ! You just need to know where to look ! Go to the Always On device in the device list and scroll down a bit. You should see something like this that automatically calculates (for smart plugs) and adds up all the known Always Ons by device, and subtracts the total from the house level Always On, to give the Always On remainder that is unattributed.

If you want, you can use the “+” button to add additional “known” Always Ons.

1 Like

My always on is currently broken for all devices. Bubbles & devices, “Always On Devices” only shows “Sense Energy Monitor”. Thinking this may be related to today’s ‘Incident’.

On that note I’ve mentioned it a few times before how I would love to see the Always On bubble show “estimated unknown”. Similar as to how the normal bubbles show “always on”.

1 Like

I have a question along the same lines
If I use smart plugs do I need to uncheck them from my Device Inventory?

@Brightonuk, I’m guessing you mean the Inventory under Settings > My Home ? That Inventory doesn’t do much today, except give Sense info for the “like home” comparison, plus give Sense an idea of what users have in their homes (no operational data).

Smart plugs are interesting because once you add one, it sticks around as a device forever (at least until you turn off the integration and lose all the smart plug data for all plugs). Even if you repurpose the smart plug by doing a reset on the Kasa side, Sense still recognizes it as the same smart plug (uses WiFi MAC address, not the Kasa name). So it’s better to think of them as sensors, than devices. If Sense does learn and detect one or more devices you have on a smart plug, you can tell the smart plug which devices have been found, to avoid double counting.

1 Like