Can’t figure this out

Sense has detected “dishwasher” about a week or so ago and for the life of me I can’t figure out what this is. It is NOT the dishwasher as far as I can tell unless it uses 500 watts randomly for 5 minutes even when it’s not running.
We normally go to bed about 11 and wake up at 6-7am so the on/off times don’t add up.
I live in all electric home and sense has identified water heater and heat pump correctly as far as I can tell. It’s not a light or small appliance I know that.
Any idea based on the pics and on/off times that might help track this down or possible routes to find this?
I’d try flipping the breaker but it comes on for such a short amount of time at random times that I’m not ready to run to the breaker panel.
The 2 screen shots are different times of the day so even the wattage signature doesn’t look the same. Very odd

The dishwasher has multiple elements: the grinder’s motor, the pump, the heating element for heated dry, and the electronics. Sense detects those elements as single/separate devices and needs to be told to group them. I have a DCM (CT) on mine and noticed that the heated dry consumes the most power (around 500 W). Now, regarding your specific cycle (multiple on/offs), it looks like a heating element trying to keep a temperature constant (typically driven by a thermostat). An example of a device that has a similar cycle/signature is an aquarium heater. Other devices with heating elements include defrost cycles for fridges & freezers.

1 Like

I never thought about fridge or freezer defrost cycles.
I am 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with the dishwasher but it might be part of the fridge or freezer…
I’ll try and catch it one day but atleast I have an idea now.
Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.