Connect Detected Device to Device Inventory

I am an extreme newbie - Just installed my Sense device last Friday (3-12).

I searched on this and found an old topic with no real answer.

I completed an exhaustive device inventory of everything on “the list” that I have in my home, right down to precise, actual device model numbers. I’ve had 2 detections so far. Both “Pumps”. One is my sump pump. The other is my condensate pump for geo-thermal/heat pump water heater/dehumidifier.

In each instance, I had full details of this information in my Device Inventory. I am shocked to see that apparently, you can’t just chose a detected device and connect it with the device in your inventory. It isn’t a huge deal to re-enter the information, but this seems pretty basic.

Hopefully, I am not missing anything.

Thank you!

Hi @jcgrube - at this time, home inventory is not referenced when a new device is detected. I agree, this would be a nice thing to have and believe it gets a bit more complicated when we’re talking about delivering this at scale. I would recommend taking a look at the recent Device Detection update video we posted that shares updates for 2021 and what’s coming up:

Very newbie - Installed Sense on 3/12/21.

I’ve searched and found a similar topic, but with no reply.

I spent a significant amount of time setting up a very detailed device inventory, right down to very specific model numbers on nearly every device in my home.

Overnight last night, my first 2 devices were detected - both pumps. My sump pump and the condensate pump for my geo-thermal system/hybrid water heater/dehumidifier. Each of these were in my device inventory.

I found it odd that there appears to be no way to simply chose an already entered device from the detection list and link them, rather than going through the process of identifying the detected device and filling in the same information that is in the inventory. Maybe I missed something?

Thoughts?

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.