Detecting little & inconsistent loads

I had one that was really bugging me for a few days and decided to share what it was and how I found it…

so a few days ago, I got a “heater 1” on my bubbles… was an inconsistent cycle as I you can see by these pics:

so after figuring it wasn’t a half dozen different things around my house, I remembered from my younger years (dad was a appliance/ac repair contractor) that commercial ice makers have heaters to loosen the the ice from the tray before dropping in the bin below… so I figured out how to test my theory… I dumped the ice out of the door bucket and woke this morning to find that the “heater 1” had run a consistent cycle from the time I emptied the bucket to the time I noticed it this morning… found it!

anyway, I hope this may help someone… refrigerators are weird because of all the different cycles and systems that run in them… mine is a <5yr old whirlpool side-by-side that has ice/water dispensers in the door and the ice maker is built into the roof of the freezer side… and just like those commercial ice makers, they use a heater to knock the ice loose during the dump cycle…

just thought I’d share and hope this helps someone…

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.