I’m only a couple of weeks thus far with Sense and I love it. One thing that does have me scratching my head is the “Device 1” wattage plot. Sense “recognized” it a couple of days ago and then plotted its history back to the installation date/time:
“Device 1” pulls 65W - 75W after an initial 45W turn-on and does it 24/7 as shown with little variation. Here’s the kicker - I’m having so much trouble tracking it down (I unplugged our 3 refrigerators first) that I decided to unplug the whole house! And like Frankenstein it wouldn’t die! Its power meter kept plotting the 65W - 75W plateau after all breakers were shut off.
My home has an outdoor main panel fed directly from the power company’s metered service entrance. Indoors there are two sub panels; downstairs and upstairs. The main panel is where I shut off both sub panel breakers as well as the few others remaining that power things like our well pump.
The only thing left ON was the breaker dedicated to the Sense Monitor (nothing shared).
Then I used a multimeter to verify that the output of each OFF breaker actually read zero volts. They did.
The only thing I can think of for this mysterious “Device 1” is:
- The Sense Monitor itself is using this power, but I doubt it.
- The Sense Monitor is in error.
- The Sense Monitor has discovered an alien armada preparing to attack!