Device chart resolution

It’s cool that Sense samples at a rate of 1Mhz – a million times a second.

It’s cool that the chart resolution is reduced to 1 second for the meter display showing aggregate use of all devices.

But what I don’t get is the chart resolution for individual devices is one hour?!? Why the heck is that?

It would make it a lot easier to confirm device sensing if I could flip a switch on an off to see the impact on a single device.

I’m not sure where you are looking but the power meter for each individual device reflects what the main timeline shows.

If you look in the app (iOS, Android), you’ll have a separate power meter for each detected device or device on a smartplug.

This one is for my single serving coffee maker this AM. The device power meter doesn’t update real-time like the main power meter, but is immediate.

Also, if Sense has detected a device and it is on a simple on/off switch, the corresponding bubble should pop up and off when you toggle the switch. Most of the challenges come when an on/off switch doesn’t exist (thermostats) or the on/off switch doesn’t control the on/off operational cycles of the actual device (many appliances, from dishwashers to “instant” coffee makers)

I’m just looking at my account at home.sense.com Didn’t occur to me to look at the app on my phone.

Small but important differences between iOS/android apps and web app.

• iOS and Android have device based power meter, but web app doesn’t (yet).
  • web app offers data export plus URL-based “programmable” web viewing features. iOS and Android do not.

Go to Devices in the app (no web app), pick a detected device, then go to the very bottom for the Power Meter. You can then click on the 24 hour Power Meter for a scalable, zoomable version of the whole history of that device.

1 Like