Someone here at Sense managed to catch their gas dryer dying and used Sense to diagnose the issue.
We think we know the culprit, but we’d like to open it up to users to guess the broken component.
Winner gets a brand new KP-115 Smart Plug!
A few rules:
- Each user can submit one guess. Additional guesses will not be counted.
- The first person to guess correctly wins the smart plug. Bonus points if you explain your reasoning!
- The only clues/appliance details that we’ll contribute will be listed below.
- The main symptom prior to failure was the dryer was not drying clothes and making weird noises occasionally.
- The rattling noise you hear in the below video happened consistently each time the ignitor was on.
- The clothes dryer is a Maytag with the model number MDG5500AWW.
- Make sure you have your audio up! This is a video that has the sounds that the dryer is making while the Power Meter is being viewed.