High energy items not being identified

Hi @ATechGuy - the resources you read referenced @RyanAtSense, who has since moved to our product team, so I’ll be your contact in the Community moving forward.

The first thing worth watching through would be the most recent video we did with Data Science. It mentions quite a few things that shed more light on device detection and what we hope to do moving forward. This includes parts on your comment regarding stove detection and the role we hope home inventory will play in the future.

We released Dedicated Circuit Monitoring last year to enable instant detection for up to 2 120V or 240V circuits. While that doesn’t take all 5 of these off your list, it can allow you to focus on the two highest consumption devices. I know this doesn’t completely solve your issue, but between a couple smart plugs and dedicated circuit monitoring you could probably take a serious chunk out of your Other bubble. I reduced my Other bubble with 1 Kasa HS-300 smart strip by 250W immediately by putting it on my office/desk set-up.

No apology necessary, but maybe add a couple extra digits here :slight_smile:

We talk about this in the video above, towards the end regarding Progressive Device Detection. There are other releases planned for this year focused on helping users understand their energy usage.

In summary, we’re definitely aware of some of the obstacles for users re: device detection as it is today. The one thing that I think every Community member would agree on is that we’re constantly working to improve Sense. Behind-the-scenes, we have quite a few thing that I’m excited to share with you all once they’re set in stone :slight_smile: .

1 Like