How is your Power Quality? Share here!

In case you missed it, Sense Labs has been released for several months now. We’ve been collecting and gather a bunch of great feedback from users in the Community for Sense Labs here.

Following the release of the Labs [Project] Fault Detection: Power Quality, a lot of users have been sharing their Power Quality graphs among different threads here and on Social Media. Think your Power Quality is the among the most / least stable of Sense community users?

Post a screenshot of your Power Quality Graph in the comments below and we’ll see who can officially claim the “Worst/Best Power Quality” :crown: .

Submitting my home for “most consistent”:

1 Like

@JustinAtSense, Have you ever had any low or high voltage events logged yet ??

Mine is generally pretty stable (PG&E), but I’ve had 9 dip events in Aug. and Sept. during hot spells.

1 Like

Mine is driving me crazy since the electrical company is not helping

3 Likes

Here’s mine. I think my dropouts were due to thunderstorms here in NC.

1 Like

I think you have me beat for “most consistent” here, @Edison517.

Fairly consistent since late August (pretty sure the dropouts correlate with the last decent storm to hit Cambridge).

Overall, very few Power Quality issues in Somerville, MA. That’s how they get away with charging $250,000 for a 200 square foot apartment :wink: .

2 Likes

Now that the AC season is over, I’ve got Volts to spare!

4 Likes

Mine used to be real bad but they’ve done a lot of work around here in the past year or so to make it better. I actually think my house is on two separate grids now with a failover if something happens.

1 Like

A couple drops but usually our municipal run plant is stable. I’ll take it for the ~14¢ per KWH they charge us. :rofl:

1 Like

Well looking at @parisvu the mine is not bad :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

12-year-old neighborhood with underground electrical lines. I can’t say I noticed or remember what was happening during the three events listed.

2 Likes

You’re currently in the lead for “most consistent” @qrnef

2 Likes

In Brooklyn, NYC.

1 Like

My minimalist strategy appear to be minimal! I’m still wondering how long until events drop off…If it truly counted the last 30 days I should be at 0.

Your voltages appear to be within ANSI C84.1 acceptable voltage ranges. Are you having any noticeable issues?

The issue I see is that your L1 and L1 are showing as 0.0V?

21 year old underground subdivision. The transformer is across the road. So, short secondary run.

The one voltage sag event was due to a lightning event on the transmission system. Whole province affected.

This was the lightening event.

I hereby pass my “most consistent” crown to you, @rob.koekkoek

2 Likes

Considering the complexity of subterranean Manhattan and hell knows what is going on above ground, I’ll take it!

@JustinAtSense $250k won’t even get you a parking space in Tribeca and let alone one where you can charge.

3 Likes

Western North Carolina. The transformer is in our yard, up on a pole, and just serves us. The service lines go through a Hemlock tree before arriving at the Slaughterhouse House™
The strangest dip is the one that happened on 8/29 with a 30.4V delta between the two legs.
The house is lightly loaded at the moment, just LED lights, an occasional microwave, a lawnmower charger, and the fridge. It’s a fixer-upper and we work on it during the weekends. Right now the house is burning through 26 watts (wifi access points and the router/modem) and Sense.

Duke Energy in Central Florida always has dips and spikes.

1 Like

Here is mine! Zero dips/spikes… :slight_smile:

1 Like