How to, 400A with solar and a generator

I was just installing a sense in a home that has 400A split, a generator and solar… I was installing it for the solar, his home would never use more than 200A not sure why they put in a 400A service, maybe previous owner. So a normal sense solar setup worked here. But i got to thinking, what if he wanted to monitor his full 400A service, generator, as well as his solar. DO we have the ability yet to bind multiple sense units into one account or would he need two or three sense units with some hokey weird setup like login with this account to view the generator, login with this account to view solar, login with this account to view split 200A, export do all of the math and graph building yourself.

My 2c - I have a 400A service with solar, that never goes above a 200A total usage, even when both EVs are charging full tilt. I have my mains CTs on the pre-meter 400A lines ahead of the split. Solar CTs are on the backfeed breaker.

Second option would be multiple Senses with Home Assistant Sense integration.

1 Like

yes that is how i wired his, ct’s pre meter. but if he did use 400 amps, solar, and wanted to monitor his generator, no way to do that right now… well… seamlessly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.