Idle wattage recalculation

Just submitted a support request, but while I wait for a response I was wondering if anyone has any experience with consolidating multiple devices into a single smart plug with existing history.

Does the idle wattage get recalculated eventually? Right now, I’m seeing multiple “false” on/off events in my timeline due to the combined idle wattage of multiple devices.

You mean like you’ve plugged a power strip into a smart plug, and plugged into the power strip is more than 1 device that Sense already had native detections for?

If you haven’t, you need to go to the plug and go to manage > what’s plugged into this and make sure you check what’s plugged in. I have no idea how well it will work with multiple devices on a single plug.

Yeah, essentially. It used to be just a computer and now is a computer, monitors, and speakers. No native detections are involved though.

I heard back from a support and they said it could take up to a week for the new idle wattage values to get established.

1 Like

Oh okay, I see what you mean. I have my computer, 2 monitors and speakers plugged into a power strip that is plugged into an HS110 as well. Support is right, it will take some time for Sense to realize “Hey, this device never drops below 8W so when it’s at 8W it must be off”.

For future reference, it did set a new baseline after about 9 days or so.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.