Is it a fridge or a mini split?

Hi there,

I’ve had a sense for about 3 weeks now and it has found quite a bit in my home. I am puzzled by a few discoveries. I have combed through my house trying to identify this one. It’s guessing a fridge and I thought it was originally the variable speed compressor on my ductless ac. Thoughts?

Being 99W seems low for either, but it’s more likely your fridge… MachoDrone’ s fridge averages 153W, but it’s 12yrs old and is large.
Unplugging devices during their usage cycle is not a reliable way to make a device disappear from the sense screen… I’ve tried unplugging my dehumidifier for weeks to make the unknown device go away from my screen, but it just wouldn’t. I was lucky enough to find a setting on the dehumidifier that forced it to cycle on/off more often so I could verify multiple times it was seen by sense so I could name it.
Try making your fridge run longer once by turning the temp way down, see if your usage cycle lengthens for that one time to identify it. --make sense?
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … V heart V

I have one upright freezer that has not been identified yet. All other fridges have been identified. I have unplugged it while it was running and the bubble did not disappear and when it has been running it has shown up in the other category. There is a second unidentified Fridge on my device list that pulls about 340 watts as well but it’s never on when my mini split is on. Guess I have some more detective work to do.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.