Jura Coffee Maker & Toaster Oven Detected as Same Appliance

Interesting… My Jura Coffee Maker and my Toaster Oven are detected as the same thing…

Weird because the coffee maker consumes energy in spurts… It takes a minute to warm up in the morning… And “zaps” the thermoblock with ~1200W for about 1 second every 90-120 seconds to ensure that it is ready to deliver hot water at a moments notice… When I brew a coffee, it grounds and dispenses hot water… Takes under a minute…

My toaster oven, on the other hand, is used for much longer durations. Typically anywhere from 5 to 45 minutes. I would think that even if the consumption watts are the same, that the machine learning would be able to tell the difference between an appliance that bursts for 1-60 seconds at a time, versus a device that sustains that amount of power for 5-45 minutes…

I assume that even though there is a way to combine/merge appliances, that there is no way to split them out (how would you do that, right?)… :slightly_smiling_face:

Once an appliance is detected, does Sense continue to learn and may eventually distinguish between these two appliances and split the up automatically? Or once the detection is made, is it pretty much set-in-stone unless you delete it (and I assume when you delete something it is back open to be re-detected again, right?).

Sorry…lot’s of mini-questions buried in this post… Just trying to learn here! Thanks in advance for any guidance and help here…

Sense might eventually separate the two as the difference in data becomes more distinct. But you can help using this - pick one of the two for “not on”
https://blog.sense.com/articles/help-make-sense-smarter-device-is-not-on/

2 Likes

Oh… Cool… I wasn’t going to post on this because I kind of assumed that there was no way of resolving this with a split… But I am glad I did…Otherwise I would have never known about this feature… I have more questions and observations as a new user that I will post later… Very cool to learn more about this product… Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.