Multiple use/Cycle frequency notifications

I have a well pump. It comes on for only 45 seconds or so to fill the holding tank. If I have a leak, it will cycle on and off, not run continually. Could we get a notification of something cycling on and off a certain times a minute or hour. Say cycles more than X times in X minutes/hours.

9 Likes

Might want to check out this thread, which has a similar request:

Thanks for sharing. I adjusted the title slightly to reflect the use a bit more.

Any update on this? Send an alert if item is on more that x number off times per hour

Another option that might work would be total on time per hour or day, or an alert when total run time in a day exceeds x. Not as good as cycle frequency but if a well pump runs for more than an hour in one day send an alert. This could also help detect slower leaks

1 Like

Hi! New Sense user here. Iā€™d love to see this feature. In fact, I was a little disappointed to learn that it isnā€™t possible already. Itā€™s generally useful to be able to monitor my sump pump using Senseā€¦ but from a notification standpoint, I donā€™t really need to know how long it runs (it pumps for the same short amount of time each and every time it runs). However, I do want to get notified if it is running at a certain frequency (X times in Y minutes), indicating high flows. Even better would be the ability to setup a notification if a short interval between pump events is followed by a period of no pumping (which would indicate an issue).

Is this on the product roadmap?

1 Like

Any update on this?

@scottbel This feature has been around for a while. From the appā€¦ goto the device you want to alert forā€¦ the gear up in the corner, then manage. Then click ā€œadd custom alertā€.

Think I used the IFTTT app for similar alerts before this was built in.

That will only create an alert if itā€™s been on x number of minutes. I want an alert if itā€™s be on x number of times in y number of minutes. Iā€™m not sure how to make ifttt do that either.

Ryan, any update on this?

@scottbel

I just wanted to let you know that Iā€™m the go-to now for these types of things.

I know you requested this a long time ago, and I donā€™t have an answer to your consideration for this feature to be in development.

As this is a feature request, the best thing to do is send your request directly to the product team.

To do this, fill out this form here: https://help.sense.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=14481007173779

You can (obviously) also discuss it here, but if you follow the link, it will be recorded internally.

2 Likes