My Sense story

So i saw an add on Facebook about 2 or 3 months ago and it kinda got my attention but i didn’t pay it any mind but after seeing it a few times after scrolling through my Facebook feed i decided to watch the add and I can say I am glad I did and over the past month of use I can say I am completely happy with my purchase and would absolutely purchase this little device again if I could go back and do it over. I’ve never purchased something and gotten this much support from a company and even though there are a few bugs that need to be worked out and its not perfect yet it just shows how much the people at Sense believe in helping out their end users like myself. Anyways I just wanted to put this here for others like me to see and to also say thank you to everyone at Sense for making such an awesome device that much better.

8 Likes

It’s been great to have you, Mike. It’s always fantastic to see such interested new users, not afraid to get their hands dirty.

1 Like

I installed sense the first week of February and this was on my most recent bill. I can say that this little device has made me more energy conscious.

3 Likes

Sense Saves website material !

1 Like

Looks like you e reduced about 25% of last years usage, that’s great! And didn’t you recently add an EV?
I don’t know if you also do this but I compare usage against historical weather comparing average monthly temperatures for a specific month year to year and down to days sometimes. It helps me determine how much is related to our behavior versus a raise or reduction of use because of heating cost.
Here is where, just change to your location and can look up virtually any period of time

Within two days after installation Sense monitor helped me figure out why my energy has been telling me that I paid more this year than last year. I realized that I had an electric in-floor heating system in a bathroom, which I didn’t know exactly until now.

During the weekend while my Sense unit was going through the testing cycle I happened to see some spikes, over 1kw, several times. I could tell what might have caused this high power usage. Then I thought one way to find the culprit was to turn off/on the breaker one by one. I did just that. Voila! I found it. After a bit online research I solved a little puzzle - why there was a thermostat in the bathroom and a 240v breaker in the electric box. The floor electric heating system was the answer.

This might seem obvious to many home owners, or plumbers or electricians, but not me. Without a solution like Sense I probably would never know this for sure, because there was no reference document available when we bought the house. Needless to say I was delighted with the little discovery.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear.

If you can estimate some cost savings, this would be a great story for Sense Saves.

1 Like

I also have this type of heater and there is potential to spend a lot of money heating a bathroom. We keep ours at 95 24/7.
As @RyanAtSense mentioned, the Sense Saves stories is a great place for yours and would also give you a chance to win some great products right now.

https://sensesaves.sense.com/sweepstakes-2019/

I know i haven’t been as active on here but I’ve been extremely busy at work and at home trying to get ready for the solar install as well as taking care of projects at the house. anyways I got another billing statement and it looks like i am still on track to keeping the wasted energy usage at bay here. here is what my usage over the past three months has looked like and keep in mind that I purchased a 2014 BMW i3 ReX February 2018 and i’ve put 23K miles on it as well as using a level 2 charger at home almost everyday for the past year.

2 Likes