Mystery unnamed items in Trends Usage tab?

Just noticed a few items in the trends usage tab that have a hash-looking name.

Anyone else experience this? Are these possible devices that Sense hasn’t been confident enough to name?

2 Likes

Maybe my guess was correct. Later that day, my app announced it had discovered 4 new devices, and those hashes got a name. Interesting look ahead, perhaps, for when Sense might be on the verge of identifying a new device.

1 Like

That is inning and I have not seen it before. But now I’m checking this location daily for the same thing and hoping for new detections

1 Like

Are you still seeing those devices? This is an artifact of the device detection process. It shouldn’t be user facing, necessarily, and there’s a logged bug to be fixed. Usually you’ll see them transform into a device within a day or so.

They each transformed later that day into a real boy, I mean device. Though I understand it wasn’t intended to be user facing, I hope it doesn’t go away anytime soon — I like the possible look ahead. :smiley:

1 Like

Woot. 2 new devices coming soon. :smiley:

1 Like

You might have been better off keeping this isolated feature to yourself. I have a feeling support is going to change your permissions for it

I’d be surprised if it’s only me, and I’m happy to share the “feature” with others while it lasts. :joy:

It’s probably working on mine too but just don’t have any upcoming detections right now, bummer.
I did get another one this week but last showing in history was March 3-5.

I’ve seen this “feature” too, same behavior discussed above

1 Like

There is a post where @RyanAtSense addresses this as it used to be a feature for and “up next” heads up. For some reason you still have it. I wonder if your running a different firmware version

So, those numbers are an artifact from a deprecated feature (“Currently Learning” and “Up Next”). It was a great idea but turned out to be less so in practice, so it was pulled. You can read a bit more about the removal here: What’s New in v18

It wasn’t a feature itself, but it’s a vestige of a feature that once existed (and didn’t work very well). Don’t worry, no one’s going to come after you :wink:

It shouldn’t be dependent on firmware, but you won’t see it for all devices either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.