Nested Bubbles?

That is a great idea. Having the option to group allows you to use it or not use it based on your personal usage. I had the same thought with my hot tub, it has found the motor, heater, and motor during a cleaning cycle. Seeing these a one bubble/group would be useful. This is just a cosmetic thing, the data is still split, so it should only require a tweak to the UI not to anything else.

I really like the idea. While some devices are fine being merged (my coffeemaker is two items, a pump and a heater), I prefer major systems to be separate. For example, forced air HVAC systems like mine have a main blower, combustion blower, AC condensing unit, and a humidifier (one of my two systems has a powered humidifier). I prefer to keep them separate, as I want to be able to see anomalies for each of the subsystems. If a motor is beginning to fail, or even a starter, I’d want to be able to see data to help diagnose it. There’s a chance though if the identifying characteristics are changing due to wear/failure, Sense may not recognize the device any longer, in which case merging or not, I won’t see it.

But ultimately, being able to see a bubble as a system with subsystems is a good concept worth exploring.

I don’t want my fridge compressor and fridge light repot and showing as the same bubble or device.

LOVE the idea. I hate that I can’t easily see the total device usage given most devices have individual components with unique power signatures.

1 Like