Hey there. I’ve had my sense for around a year. It’s been pretty good. After replacing my windows, AC, roof, and insulation – and getting yet another $600+ power bill, I decided I needed to isolate what’s going on with my power usage.
My new AC is a heat pump and variable speed air handler. I’ve always had a lot of trouble identifying my AC in the house – and was aware that it was because of my new variable speed set up. No biggie, DCM is here to the rescue.
I got it set up yesterday without too much effort. After getting everything hooked up, I went through the setup process just fine. I had to restart once because it took too long for my AC to kick back on. Worked fine the 2nd time around.
After setting up, it wouldn’t reconnect to my wi-fi. I had some trouble getting it back on my network. Had to restart Sense a few more times. After I moved one of my access points closer, it was all back up and running.
Here is where things get wonky. The 2 DCM devices are named “AC” and “Air Handler”. When I open the app and web app – anything with the word AC is now missing. Before adding DCM I had “Bedroom AC”, “AC”, and maybe another…I’m not positive.
Inside the app, I see wattage usage, but it seems it is lower than what is actually being used. Inside the web app, I see 2 devices with the name “dcm0-######” and “dcm1-######”.
Visible in the bubbles (not including DCM device bubbles): 742w
Current usage: 3342w
Now matter how I look at it, I can’t get the math to add up. Also, “other” is no longer showing up.
I’ve attached a screenshot of both for reference.