Nothing beats a great pair of (historical) legs

Is there a way to get daily KWH usage for each leg of power? I see in the app where it shows me W for each leg for the sensor but I’d really like to see what our cumulative usage is on each side.

We are suspecting a meter problem but the discrepancy between sense and our meter isn’t consistent from day to day which makes me wonder if the problem is isolated to one of the legs as it does often look like one leg is using more power than the other. The numbers the Sense is showing do make, um, sense. For example, our hot water heater is using about 4.5KW which seems right. A hair dryer used about 1800W which was consistent with its label. So, I’m believing what Sense is telling me but I’d like to understand how the power company could vary from day to day with what Sense is showing. I’ve compared the data for about a week now and the difference between the meter and Sense just isn’t consistent from day to day. I thought that if I could see the per day usage on each leg it might help determine where the problem is.

Thanks!

1 Like

Track Use by Phase - Product Wishlist - Sense

This request has been on the “wishlist” for some time. Scroll back to the first entry in the above ‘thread’ and ‘like’ the original request. That adds your vote to the request for the SENSE software team to develop this feature.

So the answer to your original question is NO.

There isn’t a easy way to look at the individual leg history today, though from some videos, it does exist back at the Sense mothership (or if you are industrious with Python, you can build your own L1/L2 sampler using the informal API). But if you have a smart meter, you are likely to be able to pull some kind of time history from your utility, with either daily, hourly or even 1/4 hourly data. That can be used to isolate an intermittent difference between Sense and your utility.

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I’ve given a “like” to the feature request. I’ve got a bit over a week of comparison data now (our utility shows us daily usage on their website) and there is no clear pattern to the mismatch but I’ll keep an eye on it. If I get a chance I’ll dig into that informal API @kevin1 mentioned but there’s enough going on right now that that isn’t likely any time soon.

@linda +1 for the post title.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.