Parallel Feed Help

Do you have a second breaker box at some other place in your house ?

Typically a parallel feed is when there are two or more separate parallel breaker boxes/load centers that are fed by the post-meter mains. That would mean that there is a place near you meter where your mains get split to different breaker boxes. Parallel feed implies this is different from a sub-panel, where a second (or more) panel is fed by the main panel. Some parallel panels are tricky with Sense because they separate the combined multi-panel mains located at the meter box, from the place that your solar is back-fed into your system, making it difficult to connect Sense CTs to both sets of these.

ps: I have a parallel feed system where I have two main panels fed by my post-utility-meter mains. Fortunately, the main panel with the solar back-feed is located right next to the meter box. My only challenge is that I couldn’t get the mains CTs around the busses that come out of the meter box before the split to the two main breaker boxes. I was forced to pop open theater box and put the CTs on the pre-meter mains.

More info here:

And another possible solution here that would take adding another set of CTs and combining both panels.

https://community.sense.com/t/multiple-monitor-and-400a-support/566/50