Power Outage Detection

For whatever reason, the area I live in seems to lose electric power for a second or two once a twice a week.

Very frustrating.

And there is no record of it in Sense.

Obviously Sense isn’t on a UPS.

But at the very least, couldn’t a startup of the unit be recorded along with possibly the last time the unit had power?

I know my router does this.

I also have frequent power blips that last 2-3 seconds. This is just enough time to reboot Sense. It usually causes 15-30 minutes of data loss and obviously if that happens a handful of times per month, my usage data ends up underreported. I contacted support and they said that it was just a hardware limitation due to the volatility of it’s storage. What I don’t understand is how I could have the app open, see all the data in realtime, but then if I have a power blip, lose a chunk of data that just showed up in the app!

Maybe it can upload more frequently - does it use some kind of pusub model?

My insurance company gave me a trial of a device called Ting, which you plug into an outlet and it measured for arc faults, and was really good about detecting voltage (obviously not at the mains) and power outages

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.