Power Quality Chart - not up-dating - Nov 2022

Adding my comments to @obscuredtrip reply/comments… Thank you for gathering/compiling all the past user comments.

I have entered multiple support tickets for the same repeating issue:

Power quality lab - graph not updating

Ticket # …Date entered:
325357 …2022-11-18
313252 …2022-09-20
310405 …2022-08-26
228514 …2021-03-01

Now I am going to oversimply my next comments.

There are only either 4 or 6 raw values (data inputs) that are directly measured by the basic SENSE monitor.

• 6 values - the 2 main CT clamps, 2 Flex clamps, 2 voltage readings (one for each LEG)
    -or-
  • 4 values - the 2 main CT clamps, 2 voltage readings (one for each LEG)

All of the rest of the information displayed to the user is calculated or ‘machine learning’ algorithms or ‘smart device measurements from other vendors’.

Why is it that the SENSE software can only provide a voltage graph that is an old picture which is generally several days old and requires constant maintenance to the background processes that create these pictures? To some users tracking the power company’s voltage is just as important as knowing their total wattage consumed. Review all the old forum posts/‘SENSE Success stories’ where many users have solved their issues due to bad voltage. Voltage data is a raw input. There is no reason this data cannot be displayed in a graph just like the wattage data (Power Meter).

1. It is time to upgrade to a new software product and move this feature from the outdated “pictures” display. -or-
  2. Fix the problem with the constantly failing “Labs: Power Quality” software.

This ‘voltage graph feature’ has been tested for a lengthy time (years) in the LABS option. It is time to move forward.

Also, it should not be the responsibility of the individual SENSE user/customer to enter a ticket and inform the Support team every time this software fails. There should be an alert process that immediately notifies ‘SENSE Support’ that a background software process failure has occurred.

4 Likes