Remove monitor from account

I used to have sense when it first came out, I wasn’t patient enough and have come back. However my account still has the original monitor registered. I read online how to remove it but the instructions don’t match.

Am I able to remove it or do I have to use another email for the new monitor?

I believe you can use the same account info but you have to get Support to make the modifications.

What happened to the old monitor?

Having 2 Sense monitors can be handy and there’s nothing to stop you using both at the same time … you just need to create an additional account.

I figured I would have to wait on support. I emailed them and I’m just waiting for them to clear the original sense off my account. I was going to try “change wifi” once I installed the new replacement monitor, but I’m assuming it won’t be happy. I’m assuming I’ll have to make another account or wait for support.

I got rid of it because the reporting was not what I was expecting. But I told myself this time I will be more patient and just see what it gives me. At this point, I just want to see live power usage vs. live solar generation.

2 Likes

Was support able to fix this for you? I’m in the same boat and am waiting to hear back from them, but wondered if there is something I could do in the meantime.

@benjamin.t.brannon Support will definitely be able to help you with this. If you opened a ticket, you should hear back very soon.

Yes I just got a response. For others benefit, it was that I need to delete my account and recreate a new one, and then power cycle the new monitor to go into setup mode like it was brand new. Personally I’m having some trouble with this because a network error is preventing me from deleting my current account, but hopefully that will resolve for me soon (edit: I just had to log out and then go through the setup process, and I guess creating a new account with the same credentials seemed to overwrite the old one) and not be an issue if others need to do the same thing.

Curious if this is now resolved. I had a monitor from a series that had connection issues after power off situation. Sense sent me a new monitor with no instructions so I found your text above helpful. That said, I tried to delete my account after installing then new monitor…and I got that same notice of network issues. Anyway, hoping that they can help me get back online.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.